Hello everyone! Chelsea here today sharing a very yellow monochromatic layout! I used a couple of Color Bursts in a few different ways to create texture and to paint with.
The products I used were:
- Carta Bella Designer Cardstock Ultra White Linen
- Simple Stories DIY Boutique Yellow Chevron/Dots
- Ken Oliver Color Bursts Lemon Yellow
- Ken Oliver Color Bursts Liquid Metals Yellow Gold
- Faber-Castell Textural Accents Whipped Spackle
- Tim Holtz Layered Stencil Plus
- Jillibean Soup Journaling Sprouts Circle White/Yellow
- Maya road Trinket Pins Flowers Yellow/Green
- Simple Stories Lets Party Chipboard Frames
- Advantus tim Holtz Idea-ology Small Talk Stickers
- Queen & Co Washi Tape Stars Yellow
- Studio Calico Essentials Chip Shapes Stars Yellow/Orange
- American Crafts Thicker DIY Fabric Chipboard Sotheby’s
- Jenni Bowlin Studios Mini Chalkboard Alpha Stickers Yellow
- Making Memories Slice Foam Sheets Primary
- Tombow Stamp Runner Dot Dispenser
Here’s the layout:
I started this layout by cutting half an inch off the white cardstock. Then I took Whipped Spackle and added a few shakes of the yellow Color Bursts to it and mixed it together. I really liked the plus sign stencil from Tim Holtz so I decided to use it here to create some texture behind my photo and around the page. Once that dried I glued the background to the chevron Simple Stories paper to give the layout a nice yellow and white border.
I decided I wanted lots of dimension on this layout so I took some foam and backed my photos with it, then took my glue runner and only put glue down the center of the foam so I could tuck lots of dimensional items behind the pictures. The large yellow tag with the 2016 stickers on it had a white border. I decided I wanted it to be yellow so I put down some water and added one squirt of Liquid Metals Yellow gold and a couple shakes of the Lemon Yellow color bursts and painted it on all around the edges. I also painted the DIY Thickers with the same Color Burst mixture.
The Tim Holtz Small Talk stickers are awesome! You get six pages, three white and three black with a ton of sayings on them. I placed them around the layout with the clusters of embellishments.
I cut a few of the Jillibean Soup journaling spots in half and tucked them in behind my photos and at the top and left side of the layout. Then took the Queen & Co yellow star washi tape, ripped it in half, and placed it in a few places also.
I added some yellow stars around the page and decided to cut the chipboard frame I used in half to tuck under the bottom of the photos as well as at the top of the pictures. Then added that cute little ampersand from the DIY Thickers pack. I wanted just a little bit more yellow, so I made a little more of the Color Burst mixture and used a paint brush to do some splatters around the page.
Monochromatic layouts are a lot of fun to make and I really like how this one turned out! Thanks for taking a look! Have a great day!