Happy Friday everyone! Chelsea here today using more Color Bursts from Ken Oliver for a mixed media background. I just love how unique and amazing they are!
The products I used were:
- Carta Bella Designer Cardstock Ultra White Linen
- My Favorite Things 6×6 Paper Pad Painted Prints Smitten
- Ken Oliver Color Bursts Fuchsia
- Ken Oliver Color Burst Liquid Metals Sky
- Basic Grey Fresh Cut Waterfall Stickers
- Basic grey Capture Shaped Candy Buttons Yellow/Pink
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Small Talk Stickers
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Label Letters
- Bella Blvd Heart Enamel Dots Oh My Heavens
- American Crafts DIY Thickers Fabric Chipboard Sotheby’s
- Idea-ology Tim Holtz Mini Attacher Refills
- Tim Holtz Mini Layered Stencils Set 3
- Faber-Castell Textural Accents Whipped Spackle
Here’s my mixed media layout:
To start this layout, I took some white cardstock. Then I took the alphabet stencil and some whipped spackle paste to create a textured background to layer some color bursts over. After the spackle was dry I used two color bursts in Fuchsia and Liquid Metals Sky to create the colorful background. I love how the blue and pink mixed together and made a nice purple color that matched great with the embellishments I used.
I grabbed a 6×6 paper pad for a few layers under the photo and one 4×6 card from the Basic Grey Waterfall pack. Then layered some embellishments including some die cut pieces, enamel shapes and some phrase stickers.
The title was done using DIY Thickers, Tim Holtz Label Letters and a die cut piece by Basic Grey.
There was a really pretty flower die cut piece in the Basic Grey pack that I tucked under the top corner of the photo, along with a 3×4 card and label sticker from Basic Grey and more enamel shapes.
At first I thought the layout was finished, but after looking at it for a minute, I decided the right side need a little something. So I used my tiny attacher to place a label sticker against the right edge of the layout and then placed more enamel shapes and a cute little ampersand sticker which completed the layout.
Thanks for taking a look! Have a wonderful day!